Watched the most
I watch a lot of different movies and I’m often asked which ones I would recommended or which I have watched the most times. Hopefully this page will help with answer those questions and you’ll find a movie you love.
Watched the most
The majority of movies I only watch once. However, there are a few which I would watch when I have chance to share them with someone else. Since 2005, I have watched these five movies four times. If you haven’t watched one of these, then I recommend watching these first.
Mankind finds a mysterious, obviously artificial, artifact buried on the moon and, with the intelligent computer HAL, sets off on a quest.
Two Boston area detectives investigate a little girl’s kidnapping, which ultimately turns into a crisis both professionally and personally.
A quietly troubled young man returns home for his mother's funeral after being estranged from his family for a decade.
Dan Burns is a single father who dedicates his life to his children, but one day he meets Marie at a bookstore. They get to know each other, but then Dan finds out that Marie is actually dating his brother.
Barry Egan is a small business owner with seven sisters whose abuse has kept him alone and unable to fall in love. When a harmonium and a mysterious woman enter his life, his romantic journey begins.
Best of the rest
The movies I have watched the most only give you limited selection to choose from. There are a lot more movies I have watched multiple times. Below are a selected four movies which I have watched three times and rated 10/10.
Violence and mayhem ensue after a hunter stumbles upon a drug deal gone wrong and more than two million dollars in cash near the Rio Grande.
When their relationship turns sour, a couple undergoes a medical procedure to have each other erased from their memories.
The drug-induced utopias of four Coney Island people are shattered when their addictions run deep.
Robert and Alfred are rival magicians. When Alfred performs the ultimate magic trick, Robert tries desperately to find out the secret to the trick.
There are a lot more movies which I have watched three times. Here are a list of the movies I have rated 9/10.
- The Fountain – Spanning over one thousand years, and three parallel stories, The Fountain is a story of love, death, spirituality, and the fragility of our existence in this world.
- House of Sand and Fog – An abandoned wife is evicted from her house and starts a tragic conflict with her home's new owners.
- Ruby Sparks – A novelist struggling with writer's block finds romance in a most unusual way: by creating a female character he thinks will love him, then willing her into existence.
- The Departed – An undercover cop and a mole in the police attempt to identify each other while infiltrating an Irish gang in South Boston.
- Up in the Air – Ryan Bingham enjoys living out of a suitcase for his job, travelling around the country firing people, but finds that lifestyle threatened by the presence of a potential love interest, and a new hire presenting a new business model.
- Before Sunset – Nine years after Jesse and Celine first met, they encounter each other again on the French leg of Jesse's book tour.
- Juno – Faced with an unplanned pregnancy, an offbeat young woman makes an unusual decision regarding her unborn child.
- Pan’s Labyrinth – In the fascist Spain of 1944, the bookish young stepdaughter of a sadistic army officer escapes into an eerie but captivating fantasy world.
- 127 Hours – A mountain climber becomes trapped under a boulder while canyoneering alone near Moab, Utah and resorts to desperate measures in order to survive.
- Up – 78-year-old Carl Fredricksen travels to Paradise Falls in his house equipped with balloons, inadvertently taking a young stowaway.
Watching a movie multiple times is only one metric which can be used to decide to recommend a movie. With the sheer amount of movies out there, it isn’t feasbile to watch most of them more than once. Some movies I might recommend but can’t really bare to watch again – not because they’re bad, but the difficult subject matter doesn’t lend itself to multiple watches. Below you’ll find links to more recommendations…